- Be an educational resource center in the field of obesity prevention, both in our community and nationally
- Advocate for public policies that address the obesity epidemic.
- Be a catalyst for interdisciplinary collaboration:
– within the University of Minnesota,
– between the University and the local community, and
– between organizations nationally and internationally.
Established through the Healthy Foods, Healthy Lives Presidential Initiative,
the OPC supports:
- Research on both the causes and prevention of obesity,
- Educational offerings at the undergraduate and graduate level,
- Community outreach through educational programs and resources, and active involvement in the development of public health policies to reduce obesity.
– Consulting & Mentorship
– Pilot funding
– Grant administration
– Financial incentives
– MnOPT fellowship program
– Obesity-related coursework
– Seminars & Symposia
– Online Continuing Education Modules
We work with community partners to develop and advocate for obesity prevention-related policies.